Residential Conveyancing - Remortgage
Legal fee from £500 plus VAT plus disbursements.
The above is based on a standard freehold mortgage. If you are re-mortgaging a leasehold property there will be additional fees payable for the other aspects of additional legal work to be carried out and we will advise you of any additional fees as soon as we are able.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as search fees land registry fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
● We may have to carry out conveyancing searches and we would estimate the cost of these to be between £100 plus VAT to £300 plus VAT depending on where the property is located. An Indemnity Policy may be obtained in absence of searches. We will advise you of the cost
● Office copy entries and title documents from the Land Registry from £3 per document
● Bankruptcy search fee £2 per name
● Land Registry Search £3 per title
● Land registration fees – these are dependent on the value of the re-mortgage. Please go to the following link for Land Registry’s current fees:-
● Notice of Charge fee – this fee is set out in the lease. Often the fee is between £75 and £150 plus VAT. This fee will vary from property to property. We can give you an accurate figure once we have sight of your specific documents.